The School for Training and Advanced Resources (STAR America) provides educational resources that are in compliance with the standards and guidelines established by the Exercise Safety Association. As an extension of ESA, these resources serve fitness instructor and personal trainer candidates, current fitness instructors and personal trainers working to earn certification, and fitness instructors and personal trainers that are currently certified by ESA. STAR America develops training programs that prepare a candidate to complete the Exercise Safety Association's certification examinations and creates continuing education programs, educational articles, and various academic resources.
Additionally, the School for Training and Advanced Resources serves as a vehicle for ESA member involvement, career growth, and professional recognition.
STAR America supports ESA through four programs:
- Certification Training Programs are designed to provide the information needed to complete the Exercise Safety Association certification examinations.
- STAR America Representatives are ESA certified instructor/members who provide continuing education resources and training to prepare for the ESA certification examinations.
- STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification is a high level certification awarded by the Exercise Safety Association recognizing ESA certified instructor/members that earn a minimum of three ESA certifications.
- STAR Continuing Education provides on-going support and educational resources for ESA certified instructor/members.
STAR America Representatives
STAR America Representatives are ESA certified instructor/members who provide continuing education resources and training to prepare for the ESA certification examinations. They do not administer the ESA certification examinations but provide information about the ESA examination administrative procedures, and assist instructors with registration for examinations. They support both the goals of ESA and the fitness professional. Each representative is an independent, who operates his or her own support service for networks of ESA certified instructors and instructor candidates. The manner and size of individual operation varies.
The program consists of three categories of STAR America Representatives: The Master Trainer, The Mentor/Facilitator, and the Certification Representative.
First, the Master Trainer is an active and accessible expert who operates a full time training business with comprehensive preparation for ESA certification examinations and provides continuing education programs. They regularly schedule training programs and special events throughout the year. Some operate from a permanent base while others travel and conduct on-site programs by request from a hosting site. Master Trainers also provide ESA home correspondence courses and serves as the contact trainer for those programs.
Second, the Mentor/Facilitator is a flexible and personal guide, who provides training on a more limited basis than the Master Trainer. The Mentor/Facilitator serves as a guide assisting the certification candidate to complete ESA home study training programs on an as needed basis, in private (one-to-one) sessions, in small groups, or through individual consultation. Mentor/Facilitators are local contacts for local instructors to order ESA home study training programs and are contact information centers for courses that they distribute.
Third, the Certification Representative is an enthusiastic contact for ESA and STAR America resources. Certification Representatives do not conduct training programs. Instead, they provide information and distribute home study courses for individuals concerned about safe exercise and interested certification in their community. They do not conduct training programs or give academic advice. A "contact-trainer" is provided for the home study participant from the main STAR America office.
Contact the individual STAR America Representative nearest you to find out about the extent of their services and types of resources and training programs that their organization offers.
ESA has recently revised the STAR America program. If you are interested in representing safe exercise, training for certification, and continuing education in your community by becoming a STAR America Representative, contact Kerry Anderson, ESA STAR America coordinator at 407-246-5090 or email@example.com.
||Marilyn Jones, M.Ed.
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Yoga Fitness Leader, Pilates Core Mat Instructor, Personal Trainer, Nutrition Specialist
- Masters degree in Adult Education, Continuing Education, University of N. Alabama
- Instructor & Lecturer: University of North Alabama
- Fitness Instructor at the YMCA of the Shoals, Cross Point and Studio Plus
- Stott Pilates Reformer Certified
- Developed Curriculum for Adult Military at Fort Gordon and Keesler Air Force Base
- Former Instructor Lecturer at Fort Gordon and Keesler Air Force Base
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Safe Step Instructor, Aquatic Fitness Leader, Yoga Fitness Leader, Integrated Fitness Counselor, Nutrition Specialist, Kickboxing Fitness Leader, Lateral Slide Instructor, Personal Trainer, Pilates Core Mat Instructor
- Bachelor's Degree, Arizona State University
- ESA STAR Representative; on-site workshops; since 2006
- Teaching experience in Washington State, Texas and Arizona: groups, children, military, community centers, club fitness
- ESA Music & Movements Presenter
- Award Winning Line Dancing Instructor
- In Business since 1988
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Lateral Slide Instructor, Safe Step Instructor
- Bachelor of Science degree; St. Mary's College, MD
- Group exercise coordinator Anastasia Athletic Club, St. Augustine; since 2001
- Aquatic & group exercise coordinator, Atlantic Beach & Tennis Club, St. Augustine, since 2007
- Aerobic & fitness instructor, Anastasia Athletic Club, Fit for Her, Palencia, Seranata Club
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader; Personal Trainer; Safe Step Instructor; Pilates Core Mat Instructor; Yoga Fitness Leader; Kickboxing Fitness Leader; Nutrition Specialist; Master Fitness Choreographer, Aquatic Fitness Leader
- B.S. Exercise Science Iowa State
- M.S. Physical Education Chicago State
- M.A. School Improvement
- Adjunct Professor, Chicago State University
- Knowing You Health and Wellness llc., owner
312-742-4998 or 312-617-1905
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Yoga Fitness Leader, Integrated Fitness Counselor, Pilates Core Mat Instructor
- ESA's LUMINARY AWARD winner, 2008-09
- Registered Dietitian
- Executive Director of Chicago's Mayor's Fitness Council
- Member of Mayor Daley's Interdepartmental Task Force on Childhood Obesity
- Wellness Manager for the Chicago Park District (CPD)
- Created for CPD a multi disciplinary approach to childhood obesity through education
- Creates and implements over 3000 wellness activities for CPD
- Joined CPD to assist the citywide movement of Chicago Worksout to all ages
- Coordinates Chicago Public Schools & CPD, Physical Education in the Parks (PEP)
- Through CPD, develops citywide fitness initiative partnerships with other city agencies
- Dedicated to fitness education to get Chicagoans moving!
773-805-9572 or 312-742-4970
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Yoga Fitness Leader, Pilates Core Mat Instructor, Personal Trainer, Yoga Fitness Leader
- Masters in Dance Education, Dance instruction styles: Merengue, Salsa, Cha-Cha, Bachata, Modern Dance, Hip Hop Dance, Caribbean Dance, Modern Ballet
- Specialist Star Trainer with Exercise Safety Association since 2003
- Developed a Latin Cardio, Mommy and Me, & Yoga training module
- Teaches public lessons to represent CPD at the Taste of Chicago, Sports Fest, Chicago Moves day, Muevte Por Tu Salud, Teen Expo, Community Rhythms project Deeply Rooted productions and Media events
- Summer Recreation Leader trainer for citywide and region trainings
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Kickboxing Fitness Leader, Nutrition Specialist, Personal Trainer, Safe Step Instructor
- BA University of Scranton
- MA Education and Training from Montclair University
- Current Professor in Health Department at Middlesex County Community College
- Home based personal training business
- Serving NY, NJ and PA region
||Ellen A. Ehrlich
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Pilates Core Mat Instructor, Personal Trainer, Yoga Fitness Leader, Kickboxing Fitness Leader, Integrated Fitness Counselor, Nutrition Specialist
- Master's degrees in education, Advanced Classroom Teaching
- Certification in Pilates Reformer Specialty
- Coordinates Pilates program at Hudson Valley Community College
- Instructor Pilates 4 Pink campaign to raise money for breast cancer research
- Trained in Power Pilates, Props, Small Apparatus, Tower
- Trained in Balletone Sole Synthesis
- Red-Cross certified Water Safety Instructor
||Mary Anne Fantauzzi
Total Body Trifecta, Inc.
15 Red Coach Trail
Ballston Spa, New York 12020
ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification:SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Safe Step Instructor, Personal Trainer, Lateral Slide Instructor, Kickboxing Fitness Leader, Integrated Fitness Counselor, Pilates Core Mat Instructor, Yoga Fitness Leader, Nutrition Specialist, Master Fitness Choreographer
- ESA's first LUMINARY AWARD winner, 2007
- President of the Dance Alliance, Inc. of the Capital Region in New York State
- Head Docent at the National Museum of Dance since 1987
- Masters of Science degree in Learning Disabilities
- Artistic Advisor, MOVE Dance Troupe; a hip hop group for special needs teens
- Certified instructor of the New York City Ballet Workout, 2001-2011
- Master Balletone Ambassador and Sole Synthesis Instructor
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Aquatic Fitness Leader, Personal Trainer
- ESA's LUMINARY AWARD winner, 2010
- Over twenty years teaching experience
- Instructor Trainer at Victory Fitness Centers in Columbus Ohio
- Finess & Program Director Victory Fitness Centers in Columbus Ohio
- Co-cordinator for Fitness on a Mission, a charity event for orphans and the homeless
On Site-Certification Training Schedule
On-Site-Continuing Education Schedule
- ESA STAR Advanced Proficiency Certification: SAFE Group Exercise Leader, Personal Trainer, Safe Step Instructor, Yoga Fitness Leader, Pilates Core Mat Instructor, Aquatic Fitness Leader, Master Fitness Choreographer
- 23 Years Training Experience - national and international
- ESA Star Trainer since 2000
- Consultant for Spartica
- Previous club owner-fitness coordinator, Bodyworks
- Contributed material for Journals, flyers, videos
- Former choreographer and consultant for a TV fitness show in Athens Greece
- Former spokesperson for workout attire in Athens, Greece
- Trained U.S. National Guard as part of the physical fitness program